Speakers: Tom Laliberte of Parsons Brinckerhoff and Justin Gill of Manafort Brothers
Co-Sponsors: Structures Technical Group and the ASCE Student Chapter at CCSU
Manafort Brothers, Inc. and WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff teamed together to complete CTDOT's first design-build project, Route 8 in Bridgeport. The project included:
- The replacement of four bridge superstructures;
- Infilling of 10 bridge spans;
- Construction of retaining walls;
- Rehabilitation of a 570-foot long bin wall;
- Various pavement and intersections improvements.
To minimize impacts to the travelling public and abutters, ABC techniques were used in conjunction with MP & T to reduce the majority of the construction to take place within two 14-day crossover stages. Some ABC techniques utilized include:
- Accelerated demolition;
- Prefabricated bridge units (PBUs);
- Precast substructure elements.
To reduce future maintenance requirements, weathering steel was utilized and bridge joints were eliminated through the use of link slabs and semi-integral back walls.
Time: 5:30-6:30 PM Social Hour, 6:30-7:30 PM Dinner, 7:30 PM Program
CSCE Members: $40
ASCE Members who are not CSCE Members: $45
Full-Time Students: $10
Reservations received and accepted after midnight on February 14, 2017, will incur a $10 additional fee. Payment is required with registration unless other arrangements are made. CSCE cannot give refunds after the final dinner order has been placed.
Please register to attend this dinner meeting by clicking on the following link:
Dinner choices: Beef Gratin, Grilled Salmon, and Oven Roasted Vegetables
From the North, East or West:
1. From the North (Massachusetts) - Take 91 South to 84 West to Exit 39A, to Route 9 South.
2. From the East (Hartford) or the West (Danbury/Waterbury), take I-84 East to Exit 39A to Route 9 South.
Once on Route 9 South, get off at Exit 29 and take a right at the end of the exit ramp onto Ella T. Grasso Boulevard. At the third traffic light, take a left into the Student Center Parking Lot and feel free to park in the garage in cases of inclement weather.
From the Southwest or Southeast:
1. From the Southwest (Stamford/New Haven) - Take 95 North to 91 North to Exit 22 North, to Route 9 North.
2. From the Southeast (Groton/New London) Take 95 South to Rte. 9 North.
Once on Route 9 North, take Exit 29 (Route 175). At the traffic light at the end of the exit ramp, go straight and follow Fenn Road to the second traffic light, and take a left turn onto Ella T. Grasso Boulevard. At the fourth traffic light, take a left into the Student Center Parking Lot and feel free to park in the garage in the event of inclement weather.